Aspiring to be part of the player in the eCommerce marketplace?
What I should do and how I would be part of?
If these questions nagging you, then the information below will help you to know how you can be part of and grow your business.
A marketplace is typically the most frequented by many customers than many stand-alone websites. This flexible business opportunity has deliberately low startup costs and could earn more revenue. Thus, this growing demand for online marketplace app, various retailers and start-up companies have considered developing their own market place like Amazon, Flipkart, Alibaba & Etsy.
Let us know some of the insights regarding multivendor marketplace websites to know about their revenue.
How Flipkart, Amazon, and Alibaba reached Sounding Success
It’s quite interesting, right?
So, its obviously clear that today, customers have the power to purchase items from any retailers. That’s the reason why the online ecommerce marketplace app development plays a crucial role in shaping the business goals.
In 2018, 1.8 billion people worldwide purchased goods online. In the same year, global retail sales amounted to 2.8 trillion USD and also the projections have shown a growth of up to 4.8 USD in 2021.
The retail sales accounted for 8.7% of the total retail sales in the world in the year 2016. Hence, it is evident that a multi-vendor marketplace like Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc is a profitable business and they have huge scope.
Chinese eCommerce giant Alibaba (BABA) has attained eye-popping statistics. The company accounts reported 58% of all online retail sales in China. Alibaba recorded $25.4 billion worth of orders on November 11, 2017.
Highlights Of Flipkart, Amazon’s Ecommerce Platforms
- Structure: Both Amazon and Flipkart structure act as midway between dealers and customers. Initially, they had not limited the products in their warehouses because it formed a contact with hundreds of merchants detained by its sellers. They make use of the sellers by taking over the marketing cost and selling of their products and it benefits large customers. Since then, the structure holds strong.
- Trend Setter: Both have made a habit of looking for the latest trends and capitalizing on them before someone does. It finds out people’s expectations on the product, then produces the same on its own version.
- Inclusive product Selection: Customers always want comprehensive services on the Web, and the Amazon accomplishes the needs, especially within their original focus of the book.
Technologies Used To Build Flipkart, Amazon & Alibaba
All these Amazon, Flipkart and Alibaba are built on different platforms though there are platforms like Magento, Prestashop, WooCommerce, and more, remains the people’s preferred choices and especially with the release of Magento 2.0 versions, the platform has got more user and developer friendly additionally they are very much feasible for marketing as well.
- All their software function on Linux – Debian and most of the other systems are not built ever on Java. But they take JVM for their use.
- Flipkart uses MySQL for data storage, and for caching it uses Memcached.
- Flipkart uses Hadoop software for some projects to manage the data easier.
How To Build An ECommerce Website Like Flipkart, Amazon & Alibaba
Planning to build a marketplace like Flipkart, Etsy, Amazon from scratch is very complicated and tedious process. So, if you want to kick start your online ecommerce business without any intervention and delay, there are many readymade solutions which pave a better and budget-friendly way to become a successful entrepreneur.
One such solution is Zielcommerce which renders indispensable services to its customers.
Choosing Zielcommerce will not incur more expenses on licenses purchase, equipment, installations, etc.,. It is a one-time cost for all solutions.
For the independent seller, this model might be quite difficult to build and it involves more complex work. But, Bigziel’s team will help you to achieve this deal.
Bigziel’s framework can be understood by novice persons. Our solutions and cost are transparent. Our team will make your dreams achievable.
Highlights Of ZielCommerce
- Fully Customizable : ZielCommerce offers a fully customizable ecommerce platform that provides a great shopping experience for the customers.
- Mobile Responsive and PWA’s : Sell to any customer across the globe through ZielCommerce’ responsive website and accelerating mobile application.
- Ready to Launch: Powerful, feature packaged ready to launch solution make your business reach the target audience without any hassle.
- In-built Marketing: ZielCommerce includes many built-in marketing solutions to promote your service anywhere anytime unperturbed.
- End-to-End Support: 24*7 uninterrupted support from technical experts from planning till implementation is taken care by our team of professionals.
Awesome Features For Your Flipkart & Amazon Like Marketplace Platform
Following are the main features for building marketplace like Flipkart, Amazon, and Alibaba
Before building an e-commerce website like Amazon, let us know the essential features for setting up eCommerce website to maintain maximum conversions, and improve the shopping experience.
Design and interface must attract the user and give them a memorable experience. Depending on the customization level and increased traffic, the designer will have to conceive several revenue streams. It is the heart of the business.
It is a top-most concern of any online business. If the personal data is not secure, sellers and buyers will not feel confident in making the connection with the marketplace. Payment details of clients should comply with security and encryption acts.
Multiple Payment Options
As you have decided to build a marketplace like Amazon or Etsy, the customers are dispersed globally. Build a marketplace app like Amazon with all the available payment methods apart from credit and debit cards like Paytm, Amazon pay, PayPal, etc to attract and retain more customers.
In this smartphone generation, we cannot start a shopping business without mobile app. When it comes to online shopping, mobile app is necessary to reach wide audience. While developing mobile app for e-commerce business, user experience must be reliable across all devices.
Social Media Integration
Social media integration not only does the it lessen the registration process but it also offers different ways for the customers to promote your marketplace app from sharing your referral coupon and discounts to their friends and relatives.
The push notification is a crucial way to hook your customers into your marketplace app. It actually reminds your customers about many things like promotions, offers, sales, restocks notification, etc. If you send the right notification at the right time, it will definitely define your success in the long run.
Clients should be able to manage listings based on their compatibility. Buyers should be able to browse,filter and search the products before making purchase decision. A quick view feature should be added to view.
Reviews And Ratings
When you want to build an online marketplace app like Amazon and Etsy, it’s nearly mandatory to have ratings and reviews for all the products listed for the sale. This feature in your marketplace app not only develops trust but also makes your customers make an informed decision to choose the best.
This is to assist vendors by showing the insights of buying tendency, behavior patterns, page views and more.
To coax the buyers, display the deals on landing page so that the buyers can feel excited and buy the deals.
Launch Your Online eCommerce Store Today!