Multi Vendor eCommerce Marketplace Website
E-commerce has occupied a large share of shopping at present. The multi vendor eCommerce website provides new strategies to improve the sales of the merchants, whole-sellers, retailers, etc. It paves a way to sell the products nationally & globally.
To build multi vendor eCommerce website allows various vendors to add and display their products into a single eCommerce platform or eCommerce website. In a way, it is just one site & diversity of products presented by the range of merchants. Each seller can have their shop inside the system to add products as well.
With lag in the resources, some merchants may not take the risk to compete with the fellow competitors and switch over the entire business into the centralized multi vendor online marketplace where they may sell without any disruption. On the other side, some merchants are readily willing to face the competition of the high potential competitors with huge investments. The third category of merchants is those who are very keen on managing and cobbling together their business by building their own online multi vendor eCommerce website.
As you have landed in this article, I can associate yourself to the third category. Congratulations on your fierce ambition which you possess. In quick succession, you will know how to start multi vendor eCommerce website.
How Does A Multi Vendor Ecommerce Website Works
A marketplace model of eCommerce provides a web platform to establish a digital commerce network that understands good communication between sellers and customers.
Let’s see how it works!
The order is received on the site, it is not the marketplace owner who owns the product. The order is sent to the sellers and they fulfill the order. This minimizes the difficulty for the marketplace owner and he makes money by receiving a commission on each transaction with subscription fees to sellers who maintain storefronts in the marketplace.
- Sellers register on the marketplace It might be a paid or free registration.
- Customers can buy the products from their preferred sellers.
- Admin can charge a fee on each transaction. The percentage of commission can be decided at the category level, product level, & seller by the seller.
- Payment is transferred directly to the admin account. Admin after deducting his commission transfers the rest of the payment to the seller’s account. It has both options by manually or automatically.
- Admin has the right to cancel any order.
- Product delivery can handle by either admin & seller.
- In the case of a faulty product or any query, the customer directly contacts the seller to raise a complaint or on the online portal.
Revenue Model for Multi vendor Ecommerce Website
A marketplace revenue model is a theoretical structure and explains the revenue earning strategy of the business starting a multi vendor ecommerce website. It includes the product or service of value, the revenue generation techniques, the revenue sources, and the target consumer of the product offered.
- Subscription – Subscription fee can charge a monthly or yearly for sellers to sell on your marketplace.
- Feature Products – Certain fee have been charged for sellers who are interested in featuring their services or products on your website.
- Commission – It helps you earn a commission on each and every product sale from a seller.
- Sell Your Own Products – Again as Amazon or Flipkart, you can start selling your own products at your marketplace.
How To Launch The Successful Multi Vendor Ecommerce Website
Buckle up to know the steps to launch a successful multi vendor ecommerce website.
If you want to build multi vendor ecommerce website from scratch, the cost will be more, technical understanding, and hiring a web design and development company to build your online multi vendor ecommerce website.
Many startups & entrepreneurs choose a ready to launch multi vendor marketplace platform rather than custom development. Zielcommerce is one of the best multi vendor marketplace platforms that provide a number of built-in features ensuring flexibility on how to start multi vendor eCommerce websites among all the readymade multi vendor eCommerce platforms with cost-effective, scalable, & user friendly to easy use.
ZielCommerce – A Premium Multi Vendor eCommerce Website Builder
It’s a one-stop multi vendor marketplace platform solution with unique features and advanced benefits for multi vendor ecommerce website. It provides good income to the marketplace owner by choosing a flexible, scalable, and reliable multi vendor ecommerce solution.
It can help you to customize the extension you need depending on your business requirements.
Rate for different vendors depending on the product group, product type, and the vendor category.
Vendors need to register first and can add their products once the marketplace admin validates the product for approval.
The orders that are placed by the buyers can be invoiced, shipped and if a refund is initiated, it can be managed through the Vendor Panel.
You can experience a dedicated section to manage all the transactions for both the vendor and the ZielAdmin. So, the security threat is effectively discarded.
Shipping Method Support
The ZielCommerce’ multi vendor marketplace website solution helps to enable shipping charges if applicable for different products and buyers.
You can reach a very good ranking for your store with the help of SEO optimization features to enhance the visibility of your store and to increase the traffic rate.
Reports & Analytics
You can view the products which went Out of Stock, Sold Products, number of views of the products from the buyers, Sales Report and the transaction Report from the vendor panel.
The customers can easily rate the product and write feedback for the product purchased from the vendor based on the quality, shipping and price with the help of ZielCommerce.
Must have Features for the Successful Multi Vendor eCommerce Website
To project yourself unique amidst the competitors, you must have certain attractive features which your competitors don’t have.
- Create a separate dashboard for each vendor where they can
- Add their products
- Mention their discounts if any
- Give a note about the shipping methods
- Obtaining a sales report
- Get notifications on the low stock.
- Should be able to add multiple sellers easily.
Should have a separate administration panel for each seller.
- Automatic fragmentation of orders for different sellers.
- Have an eye on the products sold by sellers.
- Marketplace operator should control which sellers and products to approve.
- Handle seller transactions for sellers and engender invoices to sellers.
- Restrict sellers from updating or modifying profile or product data.
- Should have an option to get notified a seller is added.
- For products uploaded by admin, set the default seller option.
- Separate dashboard for buyers with orders, shipments and, previous history.
- Registration portal should be user-friendly.
- Have several payment options on your online marketplace to amplify your checkout page conversion list. Have a secured gateway
- for the transaction made by the buyer.
- Rating and reviews should be dealt with the customers in your marketplace. It helps other customers to know about the products and quality.
- Place high-quality photographs and videos in the catalog for a better view of the product for the customers.
How ZielCommerce Can Help?
How we are found to be unique?
- ZielCommerce’ multi vendor marketplace is a one-stop multi vendor ecommerce website solution with huge feasible features to streamline your business presence in the community of e-commerce.
- It facilitates the vendors to efficiently sell and handle the products by providing abundant functionalities.
- The entire process will be under the control of the ZielCommerce which provides seamless security for the vendors.
- You can enjoy the freedom of using the Marketplace by the way you want with add-ons.
Why wait any more? Ready to build a multi vendor marketplace website? We are here to help you to implement your ideas and lend our hands to draw a huge profit for you.